Many people think that Arabic Coffee can only be made the traditionally Arabic method using a Dallah Coffee Pot on top of an open stove. This is not the case.
All our coffees can be made with in a Cafetière or a Percolator - all you need to do is ensure you get the quantity of Coffee right for the desired taste. Below is an indication of how to gauge this when making any of our Coffees:
- 1/2 tablespoon per 250ml cup = Weak Flavoured Coffee
- 1 heaped tablespoon per 250ml cup = Medium Flavoured Coffee
- 2 heaped tablespoons per 250ml cup = Strong Flavoured Coffee.
- Boil a kettle of water
- Once boiled, pour a tiny amount into the (empty) Cafetière and swill the water around to warm it and then pour away
- Next pour the amount of water you wish to drink as Coffee into the Cafetière, and leave to stand for between 15-30 seconds (this allows the water enough time to cool so it won't burn the Coffee when you add it in the next step)
- Now add the desired amount of Coffee to suit the taste you want to achieve (see above bullets) and stir gently
- Place the lid on top of the Cafetière (but not plunge yet) and leave to stand for 1 minute
- Finally plunge the Cafetière and serve.
This very simple method will give you outstandingly tasty Arabic Coffee every time.
Traditionally, each of our Blends are served without milk, but if you should wish to drink it in this way we would only recommend doing this with either the Amman, Damascus or Ramallah Blends. Our Riyadh Blend is very delicate and doesn't really suit the accompaniment of milk, instead perhaps try a pinch on Saffron for some extra luxury. Of course all blends should be sweetened to suit your taste!
We hope you enjoy the journey through culture our Arabic Coffee provides.
Our Coffee Blends: